CELEBRATE RECYCLING WEEK WITH REBELLE.COM
You may only just have started wearing your summer wardrobe but now is the time to think about preparing your transition into next season. With all the AW16 shows done and dusted, the coming trends are already a sealed deal. Whether you need to make some extra cash to afford next season’s must-haves or your wardrobe is bulging at the seams, take stock now. Not only will you find items to sell, you’ll also rediscover old pieces that work for next season too.
Founder of designer re-sale site www.rebelle.com, Cécile Gaulke shared her thoughts on what to keep and what to sell.
- Leopard prints: keep your items with leopard prints from the old seasons! For Fall 2016 the Leopard Trend is back! Designers like Isabel Marant, Prada, Dior and Calvin Klein showed coats, dresses and skirts in leopard print.
- Slip Dresses: In summer Slip Dresses are a big deal. We wear them to dinner or with a t-shirt underneath to work. In winter you can wear them with a turtleneck and boots.
- Romantic: For Fall 2016 designer used ruffles, transparent effects and fluid silhouettes in feminine day and evening dresses. In winter you can combine your lace tops with your big sweater or your oversize lace blouse with overthe- knee boots.
- Denim: For Fall 2016 Designers took denim to a whole new level, embellishing it, fringing it or patching it. So keep all your classic denim jackets, dresses and jeans and style them new for the next season.
- Velvet: It’s making a comeback. Dig deep and re-discover some gems.
- Stilettos: besides the fact that they are uncomfortable the new trend is BLOCK HEELS, which are easier to wear during the day and the evening.
- Low rise skinny jeans: now I’m more into straight leg and highwaisted models or boyfriend styles.
- Anything that no longer fits: We all buy pieces that don’t quite fit in the hope that they will one day…they won’t. Sell them and make room for new pieces that fit your body shape now. The same is true for shoes…they won’t stretch, our feet won’t miraculously shrink. They have to go.
- That bright fuchsia pink handbag: You fell in love with it two season’s ago but it works with nothing in your wardrobe.
- The same is true for multiples: If you have an addiction to black ankle boots or handbags, sell the ones you wear the least.
Posted by The New Collections
Don’t forget to share!