MY TOP 5 DUKE AND DEXTER PICKS FOR THE NEW YEAR
If you follow me on Instagram and 21 buttons then you already know by now how I feel about footwear but more to the point how I feel about Duke and Dexter footwear.
Breathing new life into timeless British styling, Duke and Dexter shoes are Handmade in England, using materials, colours and prints to transform traditional footwear on contemporary terms. I myself own a few pairs that I absolutely adore and to say I have fallen in love with Duke and Dexter and the whole team behind it would be an understatement. There is definitely something to be said about knowing the people behind your favourite shoes that makes them all the more special.
As I said, I have quite a few but I don’t really want to talk about mine, rather I want to point out a few pairs that I think are worth picking up this New Year; some I do actually already own and some I plan on picking up soon. And with that here are my top picks for you guys.
- BLACK WATCH LOAFER – Crafted from iconic Black Watch Tartan, our Black Watch Loafer balances elegant style with dashing attitude. With a history dating back to 1725, the Black Watch check is symbolic of a fearless and uncompromising attitude and has proved to be a cult classic among international fashion houses and Saville Row’s finest tailors. Finished with subtle black leather piping trim, a durable crepe sole, full leather lining and a padded insole, this loafer will take you from the bright lights of Piccadilly to the buzz of a black-tie party this festive season.
- HOUNDSTOOTH LOAFER – This distinctive men’s designer loafer sports a jagged monochrome weave which first originated in the Scottish Highlands, making it an instantly recognisable winter favourite. Set on a thick black crepe sole with black leather piping trim, Duke & Dexter have revived this iconic print into a faithful loafer for everyday. This is the slip-on shoe that puts some punk into patterned footwear.
- HARLI CHUKKA BOOT – Giving new life to one of Duke & Dexter’s most well loved materials, we’ve brought back Harli Tweed set against a classic Chukka Boot silhouette. The grey wool upper is symbolic of rugged Autumn / Winter styling and creates a unique dappled two-tone colour effect. Complemented by a full leather lining, padded insole and a durable thick crepe sole, the men’s Harli Chukka Boot is finished with accented stitching patterns, distinct white fabric pull-tabs and a black leather back counter for added contrast. Symbolic of Duke & Dexter’s approach to design, this boot will thrive when styled adventurously.
- STORM BOOT – As true Brits, we hate to cause a storm in a teacup, but we’re proud of our Storm men’s Chelsea Boot. Drawing inspiration from its bestselling loafer contemporary, it features a contrast printed Stormtrooper Camo elastic side panel which breaks up the graphite coloured Italian suede upper. With a high ankle cuff and rounded toe piece, the boot has a distinct profile, allowing the bold elastic print to draw maximum attention. Finished with a full leather lining, padded insole and a durable thick crepe sole, the Storm Chelsea Boot is accented by understated stitching and distinct white fabric pull-tabs. This is the boot for those who want to be seen.
- PYRAMID PENNY LOAFER – Redefining our bestselling Pyramid Black Loafer, the Pyramid Penny Loafer challenges conventions in men’s smart footwear styling. Set on a thick compounded rubber sole and complete with a full leather lining and cushioned insole, the Pyramid Penny Loafer caters to an everyday professional lifestyle. Crafted from our signature black embossed rubber – a key feature of our Pyramid Black Loafer – the additional stitching detail across the back-counter and the Penny strap, create unique and bold textures, ensuring that exciting styling is only a step away.
New year, new you… new shoes right!
Pick up your pair today.
BLACK WATCH LOAFER
HARLI CHUKKA BOOT
PYRAMID PENNY LOAFER
Shop all my look on 21 Buttons @llomotes
Follow me on Instagram @llomotes
Written by @llomotes editor in chief
Don’t forget to share!